Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,475 Posts
Steven,

I have yet to cast this one. A few months ago while talking to the guys at T&T, they were quite happy with the way it turned out and had high hopes it would become a top seller for them. I'm looking forward to casting it.

sinktip

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Thomas & Thomas 15-foot 11-weight

I have one that I built on this blank and used for winter/spring steelhead for several years. After letting it sit idle, I put it to use again last week, since the Skagit is open for chinook salmon.

It's probably the most powerful rod I've tried, except for flytyer's very similar 1611. It's as fast as most T&Ts, and really more of a 12-weight. I matched it with a spliced long-belly 12, a DT12F spey, and, briefly, with the original 1500-grain Rio GrandSpey 10/11. Its tip and butt are strong enough to power these lines and big, weighted winter flies. If I was lucky enough to fish for those big Atlantic salmon, it would probably be my everyday rod.

I tried to sell it in this site's Classified section a few years ago, but got no response. So Steven, if you'd like to own a butt-kickin' Thomas & Thomas for much less than the price of a new factory version, P.M. me for details.

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,475 Posts
T&T now makes two 1511 rods. The original 3 piece that Mac was referencing and a new six-piece rod made with the traveler in mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts