Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that Airflo has discontinued its 45' shooting heads, or at least thats what the people at Hunters Angling tell me.

Now having said that, the general consensus seems to be that a 38 foot shooting head is the optimum length for a two hander. What if you just spliced another eight feet into a regular 30 shooting head. Anybody have any expereince with that.

Natrix

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
You could but you more than likely will have a tough time getting the taper right.

Airflos new 2 hander stripers lines are killer. They are just 35' but hold the casting energy well well.

Also Rios new Outbound lines are I think 37.5 feet and rock as well. Very nice.

Two great choices now for us 2 hand overhead enthusiasts. My splicing days are done.

-sean

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
The Loop Custom and Custom II heads are available in a huge variety of lengths and weights. They are rated based on their grain weight rather than AFTMA designation, and a "where to cut" chart is available on their website. And there is always the Adapted heads. I've got two, and they rock.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MJC:

Im looking for sinkers, but hanks for the offer.

Undertaker:

I found the info on Loops internet site, now where can we get the Custom or Custom II lines here in the U.S. ??

Natrix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts