Spey Pages banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from my Deschutes trip, it was an amazing adventure this year with perfect conditions! Can't wait to get back out west and do it again. I fish the Great Lakes my entire life, can't explain it but catching a fish on the swing that came 200 plus miles from the salt...its Just really special and that feeling never gets old !

Attachments

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Typical fishing on the Deschutes this time of the year.

Only place in Oregon where 'Lots of fish' days are more common than the other way around. With a Guide to get you where you need to be it really can be 'Shooting fish in a barrel.'

fae

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,267 Posts
Good for you Frank!

I'm going down to fish the Rogue in November I hope I can get a fraction of what you are showing me here buddy. So glad you had a good trip,

Ard

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,130 Posts
I'm really envious! A friend and I spent 5 days over there with only one fish to show for it. We were obviously between runs.

Had a great first trip nonetheless.

As many times as Travis has fished that ditch, I'm sure he knows where to toss the bugs.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nice photos! I also did a trip in July with only 2 fish to show, but am going in another week and a half. Something about my daughter's wedding and business travel have prevented me from making another trip, but I intend to remedy that soon. Going with my 85-year old dad and brother-in-law. It's our annual trip. Been killing me reading the reports and experiencing the cooling weather. Must be great conditions on the river!

Mark

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thx

Thx guys Yeah fishing has been spotty so far this year, I figure if I fish at least 4 days, it's gotta go off one day .. Right? Wrong but this time for me it was epic!! We need the skunks here and there, they are what make the good days so dam good! The reel in the first pic is a 7/9 loop classic.
Myself and Onesunca fished the Klickitat 2 days prior to my Deschutes trip and had a great time just no fish to hand except a few smolts. Klick is a beautiful river

·
Registered
478 Posts
Looks like an amazing trip you had buddy....thanks for sharing all the pics. 5 fish in less then an hour swingin would be epic for sure!!!

Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts