Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a couple of posts about people liking the Derek Brown 8/9 after winston redesigned the middle section(s), I called winston to determine if the one I got used was pre, or post redesign. I mean, what good are serial numbers if you can't use them for something like this?

Long story short, they stated that no change was ever made to the rod.

Comments... insights... rumors... Anyone?

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
GreenHighlander2 would have a problem with Winston's claim that the DB 8/9 did not have a design change. I cast his rod when he first got it and I did not like it; however, the rod was exchanged by Winston for a new one (the redesign) and it was a very different rod.

Perhaps Winston was able to get all the first releases of this rod back and has had them all exchanged for the one with the redesigned mid-sections. If that is the case, and it sounds like it is based on what Winston told you, this means that all the DB 8/9's currently in the hands of fisherman are the redesigned ones.

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boy! If rod companies are going to be doing recalls, I think Sage should step up and replace the reel seats on all of our older 9140-4s and 7136s :hehe:

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Sage doing recalls?

Don't we all wish! Especially replacment of those short grips on the 7136 greenies. Oh well....When Sage screws up, like when they decided that the traditional Speys should be tiger stripe brown instead of green, they dump the discontinued models at half price.:D

><///('>
JD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts