Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be studying in Aalborg, Denmark February 1 through June 30 and am looking for angling opportunities. My understanding of Denmark is that the Atlantic salmon fishing is few and far between but there are opportunities for sea trout. I will be very close to Sweden and not too far from the rest of Scandinavia but I wonder, will this be a good time of year for Salmon or should I plan on 'extending my research':smokin: ...I have little knowledge of angling in this neck of the world and would appreciate any recommendations for good reads or general advice.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Piscivorous

You are right. We dont have so many salmon rivers in DK, but we have a few like Varde Å, Skjernå, Storå and Gudenå.
In Varde Å and Skjernå we have a earli run of fish that begins in april and may. You have a fair chance of a good size fish.

Another option when you are here is to try the Searun Browntrout at the coast. Its fun with light gear.

Sweden is only a few hours drive, and there you have several rivers like Mörrum, Atran, Lagan and Nissan.

The spring is an excellent time to spend in Denmark with lots of options.

·
rynda
8 Posts
Congretulations!

Hi P.,

Denmark is a beautiful country and as Peter already mentioned there are a few nice rivers with salmon and searun browntrout(not to forget the Karup a). You'll find some informations about these rivers on www.dagkort.dk and www.123nu.dk.

It is only a short trip to Norway, especially the Mandalselva (www.mandalselva.no).should be interesting.

Tl,

rynda

·
Registered
85 Posts
Uggerby A

P,
I spend alot of time right by Aalborg, in Bronderslev. I have fished the Uggerby A. This is a little river, like all of them in DK, But the mouth of the river, about a mile from the sea and down to the mouth fishes and I bet you could fish a small (12') two hander there and have a good shot at some of the big Sea Trout that run the river. I fished it in April a few years ago and saw a guy land about an 8 lb Trout on a fly.

I will be out there in April 2007 for work and was thinking of fishing a day or two.

Also, the skjerne A is supposed to be a decent river and is said to hold salmon in decent numbers, as is the Aarhus A.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts