Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,057 Posts
Well after winter settles in and I finish the fly pattern upload stuff I was kicking around the idea of a member driven rod and line database. We would have lists of all rods and lines that would could be continually updated by the forum members as they get new rods and/or lines. Members could save comments on rods/lines and list line matches for rods for others to refer to.

Was thinking this would be the best way to have a continually updated knowledge base that spey casters could go to to see what lines may match their rods and vice versa. Of course all the line specs would be uploaded as well for reference.

If the members think this would be a good thing let me know and I will tackle it in the next couple months.

-sean

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,057 Posts
Sounds good. Just email them to me and I will make sure it gets in there. We need all the data we can get. This will be an interested project. Started a rough sketch of the database design last night. It still may be another month or so before we can start but when done we should have quite the kick ass spey line/rod information system.

-sean

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,057 Posts
Great suggestion and something I was thinking about in the design.

Will also start up a new thread where everybody can start throwing out ideas of what they would like to see in an interactive line/rod matching tool.

-sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.