Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Adjective version of acceleration. Acceleration = The rate of change of velocity wrt time, e.g., feet/second per second, meters/second per second, etc.

A change in direction at constant speed is also an acceleration. Velocity and speed being two different things. The former is a vector (magnitude and direction) while the latter is a scalar (magnitude only).

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
If you wiggle (cast) a rod and by that wiggling it sets in flight an attached line, then that rod would be said to have acceletory properties. But wouldn't the proper term be Acceleratory? :confused:

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
Did this term come up in a conversation after the scotch had been consumed?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dana,
It's a word found in Klem's new book on innovative answers to questions not clearly understood. The title is "Klem's Cadiddle Hoppers".
Stan

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Define this term:

"Acceletory"

This happens when a Tory in Canada or the UK uses an Accellerator (sp) Spey line.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
We have a winner!

I don't know if there is anything to win... but fle hits the nail on the head - this is definitely a "George Cook-ism". During the recent filming of Rio's new DVD Jim Vincent and Yogi...I mean George had a bit of a debate over the inclusion of the term acceletory.

PS - but I do like Speytarded's answer....it was just the wrong guy's book :chuckle:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Kush,
Klem told me that he'd originally thought of the word many years ago when his was a "bank maggot" (bait fisherman). It came from the sound that a piece of power bit makes when stepped on by another "bank maggot".
He mentioned to me, this morning, that he regrets not publishing his book, "Klem's Cadiddle Hoppers", when the sound was first heard.
Stan

PS: I would have responded to this earlier, but didn't get to it soon enough.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Waiting?

Dana,
Waiting to hear your definition of "Acceletory" and what prompted the the question? Klem

1 - 16 of 16 Posts