Spey Pages banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
SpeyDoctor
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Deerfield River Spey Day II,

Saturday, Rain or Shine June 5, 2010, is a 1 day spey and fly fishing cancer charity event on the Deerfield River in Western Massachusetts.
Time: 9:00am to 4:00pm

Click Here to Sign Up for Email Updates

Alaska 2 for 1 Trip and more Great Auctions

Zoar Picnic Area Charlemont, MA
  • Auctions & Raffles to benefit Reel Recovery
  • Free Barbeque and Soft Drinks
  • Free Seminars, Clinics, Presentations
  • Equipment Demos and more
  • Massachusetts Free Fishing Weekend, no license required

Event Information: Deerfield River Spey Day

:smokin:Huge Auctions

Super Raffles

The Can't Miss Fly & Spey Event in the Northeast

Fly and Spey Fishing Items and more!

After 2 major Fly Fishing Shows, the out pouring of support for this Cancer Charity Event is just incredable with more to be announced shortly.

Let's help get those stricken with cancer back into the Main Stream!

Help Get the Word Out!

The generosity of these donors are doing their part, now we need your support for increasing attendance and promotion for this 2nd annual event.
For more info see:
Deerfield River Spey Day

·
caddisfly4
147 Posts
I wasn't able to attend last years event but I won't miss this one. The guy who runs this has been a big help in getting myself and the guys I fish with into two handers, a class act.

·
Registered
70 Posts
deerfield spey day

was there last year,walt and keith were great at helping in understanding spey casting!!! looking forward to this years event!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Really enjoyed talking with Walt at the Marlboro show last weekend. Looking forward to the spey day on the Deerfield. I THINK its a free, no fishing license required day as well - so folks from adjacent states won't get dinged (or worse yet - get their spey outfit confiscated) by the benevolent commonwealth.

·
SpeyDoctor
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fishin jimmy,
Yes this is a free fishing Saturday & Sunday weekend in Massachusetts.....GREAT!

·
SpeyDoctor
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Deerfield River Spey Day: UPDATE

Product and service donations have been overwheling for this 2nd annual fund rasing event for recovering cancer patients.
Three more additions for on the water demos are offering even more styles of spey 2 handed casting. Brian Ziegler is doanting his time and expertise for on the water demos, thanks Brian.
Covering salt water casting and tactics, skagit, skandi and long belly line casting demos.

Deerfield River Spey Day for Updates

Neff News, check them out and you may find yourself signing up for the free publications...

Fly Tying Community, you will find some Great Fly Recipes with more added monthly.

There are still some prime time spring steelhead dates for the Salmon River NY.
Don't forget about the outstanding trout season just around the corner for the Deerfield RIver and others in Western Massachusetts.
Give me a call for more info and availability.

See you soon,
Walt

·
FlyMeARiver
59 Posts
C U There

Walt, wouldn't miss it for the world. You and Keith have been great teachers for me. Hoping to pick up a few more tips (and that beer keith owes me!!!)

·
SpeyDoctor
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hardy / Greys to be at Deerfield River Spey Day

Hardy USA teams up with Walt Geryk to promote two-handed spey fishing and single-handed fly fishing in the Great Lake Tributaries and Trout Waters of the Northeast.

Hardy USA and Walt Geryk, owner and founder of the Northeast Fly and Spey Fishing Guide Service, are excited to announce their joining of forces for two-handed spey and single handed fly fishing in the Northeast.
Welcoming Walt into Hardy’s select program allows Walt’s clients to now try and fish a full line of world class two-handed spey rods to meet all levels of experience. Hardy is the oldest spey rod and equipment manufacture in the world and with the Greys Line they offer fly and spey fishing equipment to fit everyone's pocket book.
Demo these rods and more on the Salmon River NY, Deerfield River MA and other locations this year with Walt Geryk. A full line of Hardy and Greys rods will be available for trial, with free instruction at the Deerfield River Spey Day Massachusetts on Saturday June 5, 2010 and at Spey Nation III, Saturday, June 19, 2010 at Pulaski New York.
For more equipment information visit Hardy USA and for event details visit Northeast Fly & Spey Fishing Guide Service.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hardy USA teams up with Walt Geryk to promote two-handed spey fishing and single-handed fly fishing in the Great Lake Tributaries and Trout Waters of the Northeast.

Hardy USA and Walt Geryk, owner and founder of the Northeast Fly and Spey Fishing Guide Service, are excited to announce their joining of forces for two-handed spey and single handed fly fishing in the Northeast.
Welcoming Walt into Hardy’s select program allows Walt’s clients to now try and fish a full line of world class two-handed spey rods to meet all levels of experience. Hardy is the oldest spey rod and equipment manufacture in the world and with the Greys Line they offer fly and spey fishing equipment to fit everyone's pocket book.
Demo these rods and more on the Salmon River NY, Deerfield River MA and other locations this year with Walt Geryk. A full line of Hardy and Greys rods will be available for trial, with free instruction at the Deerfield River Spey Day Massachusetts on Saturday June 5, 2010 and at Spey Nation III, Saturday, June 19, 2010 at Pulaski New York.
For more equipment information visit Hardy USA and for event details visit Northeast Fly & Spey Fishing Guide Service.
Wow!
sure is a whole lot of info. on everything but, Reel Recovery

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
This sounds great - I'm scheduled to be on the cape that weekend but if things change I'll bring some of my spey toys for people to check out.

·
SpeyDoctor
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bring your toys and your friends
we'll put on some extra dogs and burgers for ya
hope to see you there

·
Old as Dirt
19 Posts
When?

Just wondering when Reel Recovery is headed to Southern California? Most likely more victims of cancer who fly fish then the rest of our State!

Jack aka walkthe walk who is glad to be in remission:)

·
SpeyDoctor
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Jack,
I am very happy to hear that you are in remission and hope you all the best in the future.
Not sure about SoCal, I am am currently doing fund raising for cancer with the proceeds going to Reel Recovery . You may want to drop them a line and check out their website for upcoming events and retreats.
I appreciate your footer:"your true character is revealed by the clarity of your convictions, the choices you make, and the promises you keep. Hold strongly to your principles and refuse to follow the currents of convenience. What you say and do defines who you are, and who you are...you are forever."

this a meaningful quotation that should be made available on many sites.

take care and again all the best

·
SpeyDoctor
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rain or Shine June 5 Saturday

Just a heads up as the event day nears

:Eyecrazy: I have a 10' x 30' tent on reserve if needed

See you there

·
SpeyDoctor
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great Response, New Items

:Eyecrazy:With new items arriving the buzz is on about this event.
Just unwrapped the custom Baker 5wt 8' Bamboo is absolutley beautiful and the Hardy Bougle 3 1/2 is a perfect fit. Be sure to put this day on your can't miss event day!
See you there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Countdown: Two days! If you're waffling about coming, don't. The location is spectacular, the company marvelous & the instruction some of the best. Not to mention the food & raffle items.

I went last year & will be forever grateful. I'll be there Saturday. Pack your bags, & rods, & anything else. Just come!

Pat

1 - 19 of 19 Posts