Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Until recently I was all over with my thread and I was tying nymphs, dries, streamers, pike flies and never found time and drive to stick to my favorite styles, Dee, Spey, and whatever else has that sex appeal. I sold all my dry fly capes, tied a last bunch of pheasant tails, and ordered this american black walnut box from http://www.woodenflyboxes.co.uk/luxury.htm and went at it without any distraction. Original recipes gathered from multiple resources with a twist or two of my own. Some been tied with legitimately legal heron, indian pond heron but honestly I absolutely hate it as it was very brittle (old stock or over bleached) and did not have enough patience to soak them. Anyhow, few more original Dee's will find a slot in the box before I proceed to Spey dressings. I hope you like it.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Excellent work!

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,162 Posts
Quite an arsenal. Lined up like a footie squad!

Beautiful burl wood in the box. They do top-notch work................and so do you!

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice work. i like the box, I would need a small box so I didn't try to rush to fill it.
Keep up the good work
Same here bud... I felt like I was taking a shortcut or two to dress them as my heron stems kept breaking but I managed to improvise and keep tying the fly by adding another feather or moving the main hackle as a collar and finish the fly. Gotta stay fluid and understand that dressing such flies takes patience. It will be a long tough journey filling this box for sure!

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very charming comments! Thank you gents!

Hooks used are 1/0 Partridge Dee standard shank blind eye's looped with 20lb Fireline cristal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts