Spey Pages banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Spey Is The Way
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this isn't political incorrect to ask, but is there a problem or dislike with the Fly Logic Dec Hogan spey rod? I don't see much talk about them.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,105 Posts
I think the Fly Logic rods bearing Dec's name are pretty great casting sticks. There are agroup of spey casters that love these rods, almost to the point of being a cult following.

G

·
I have a couple of fishing buddies who have enough $$$ to buy any rod they want. They both own several very expensive speyrods (one owns a Hardy Angel that cost over $1600.00,) and they both fish their Dec Hogan rods. One of them also owns several very expensive flyreels (including a couple of Charltons,) but speyfishes with a Solitude V (at least most of the time.) IMHO that says a lot.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The Fly Logic Dec Hogan1308 is a great rod, I've fised mine for years. It'll cast the newer Skagit lines like a dream, although I ilke the Airflo Delta 9/10 best. It's very versatile, a good rod for the Skagit and/or Dean alike.
dn'l

·
Banned
289 Posts
I own the full set of the signature series--I certainly still have lots to learn about the casting skills but I still would not trade my rods.

harley

·
Registered
143 Posts
flo 1307

I have the 7 weight.. I think they have stopped making that one from what I hear.

FWIW-- I have tried several lines on it and haven't really found anything that floats my boat. The rod seems really "whippy" all the way to the bottom. Might be just me. I can get out to 80 or 90 feet with a few other (cheaper) rods I have, but am doing OK to get the (short) head all the way out with this one.

Scott

·
Banned
289 Posts
Hogan Rods:

Just goes to show me once again--if you make to good of a product for to good of a price--you will not survive--or at least that is the way it seems to me. If you look at products like Sage,Gloomis and Hardy that to me are way over priced for what they are,look how long they have been around.Go Figure!!I am just happy that I have 4 of the signature series rods.

harley

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.