Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kitchen remodel actually let me get out on the river on a Weekday morning!:eyecrazy: This hasn't happened since the birth of my second child almost 3 yrs ago!

Anyway, I ran into a bloke swinging a Dec Hogan 8 wt. He had it loaded with a midspey 8/9, which felt a little heavy to me, but I could definitely feel that it was a rod to be reckoned with. What is the preferred line for this rod? I chided him for not having a lighter line I could try on his rod :D

I checked Speybum's website and saw that he carries them. I can't wait to try it out side by side with the new lamiglass 8/9, which is the rod I don't need that I'll be buying if they don't come out with a 7/8 with the same action in the near... very near future :chuckle:

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is my favorite spey rod. I used to throw an 8/9 Accelerator on it but now I throw an 8/9 Delta spey. Loaded onto a 1912 3.75" Hardy Perfect wide spool. I like heavy reels.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Delta on Long

GB is that the delta or long delta? That is a pretty big range from delta to Accelarator to work well on the same rod.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts