Spey Pages banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My Santa Claus has just asked me what I would like from her this year for Christmas, suggesting some nice new clothes, shoes, after shaves etc.
She says I am worse than a kid and beyond hope because my reply is always the same after 32 years married......darling would you really mind if I got something new for my salmon fishing.
Do you think it is time I grew up and just greatfully accept what I get?
Mike

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
no!, No!, No!, No!

·
Banned
974 Posts
Hmmm. Maybe she would like the spey equipment that you have your eye on. :hihi: Either to join you on the water or so that you can "borrow" it. :saevilw:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Don't give in. My wife just read this and walked away shaking her head muttering something about me being dressed like a bum and not having a decent watch. Those are sacrifices I'm willing to make. My new reel (Santa already delivered) will be enjoyed for years to come!

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Dear Santa...

Are you ready for my list?:whoa:

·
loco alto!
3,109 Posts
no worries Mike, I get the sense you've been nice!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Mike I don't think you are the one with the problem. After 32 years of being married you would think a wife would know her husband! :lildevl:

Charlie.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
But

32 years together is pretty special by itself. It is OK to ask for what you want. BTW does she get what whe likes? I find that If I surprise and bless her, she doesn't mind the fishing and even joins me when the conditions are to her liking.

·
Registered
227 Posts
On Being Naughty or Nice

Well id can't beat 32 years, 27 is my best record but my Santa says that all my fishing trips this past year have put me clearly on the naughty list. Well maybe I'll just be more naughty next year!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts