Spey Pages banner

Darned glad the Clinic was last weekend!!!

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  lastcaststeve 
#1 ·
Chug of rain and temps now up to 70 degrees is causing a huge run off from the snow pack. (Keep in mind that the flow last Saturday was 1/3 of the following.)

Inflow behind the dam is now 4,356 cfs and the outflow is 5600 cfs. (Two weekends ago the outflow was 804 cfs!!!). But, per the latest fish counts (3-18), 16,141 through the counter and 1,000 hatchery fish bedded down in the ponds.
fae

#2 ·
Your right!!

Fred,
Heck the island at touville park is probably underwater!! What would we have done!! I'm sure you would have figured it out. You did such a great job of planning everything else out for this advent.

I know this is coming kind of late, (tough going back to work) but thanks for everything you did to put on the clinic. It was first rate.

Thanks again,
-Doug

#4 ·
OK just getting back and settled down form my trip down south.

Thank you Fred and Joan for putting me up while I was there. I really appreciate it and hope one day to repay you both for your hospitality. I had a great time.

Thanks to both Way and Steve for donating their time. Was a pleasure to meet both of you and my casting really improved over the weekend. Steve's explanations of using your body when casting were a real eye opener for me. I am happy to say I am no longer just a left handed caster.

Bob Meisers burgers were great and looking forward to seeing my T&T with a new handle soon. In case you all do not know Bob wraps a great rod and his rubberized cork handles are something else. I have had to open a separate savings account the get one of his 10'6 switch cast rods :).

Thank you Nate for helping with setting up and grabbing the coffee for us. Too bad we did not get a chance to do a little more fishing...next year.

It was nice to meet everyone from the forum. All good folks and looking forward to catching up with you at the Marlow clave and/or the Sandy in May.

Overall an outstanding weekened even if the river flows did not cooperate for a face to face with Mr. Steel. John Grice and I sure did try though and I hope he is having some luck right now on some of his pet rivers down south.

Thanks again everyone,

-sean

#5 · (Edited)
Fred and Joan,

I am getting in late here as I just found my way home today. I want to extend my appreciation for the clinic and your hospitality. I had a great time!
Steve and Way are both terrific instructors and great people.
Bob, thanks for the great lunches and your Spey rods are superb.
By the way Doug I drove by the park Wednesday morning and indeed the island was gone!
Sean and JD, I enjoyed our day on the river, lets keep in touch.

Thanks again eveyone, John

#6 ·
Fred, Joan, Nate, Rob Meiser, and all the attendees,
I can't say thankyou enough for the hospitality and pleasure that we all enjoyed last weekend. I personally have never seen such an overall improvement in abilities in such a short time, primarily due to such eager and able students. Fred and Joans hospitality is truly spectacular...bar-none!. Rob Meisers' prowess at the barbecue, is only outdone by the beauty of his custom rods and genuine love of the sport, he is truly a class act! Nates' undaunting eagerness to help wherever needed was also truly spectacular. It's always amazing to me how many wonderful people wield two handed sticks! It was a pleasure to spend a weekend with both old friends...Leroy, JD, Fred, Nate, etc., as well as have the opportunity to make some new ones. By the end of the weekend, I wasn't sure exactly whom was teaching whom. Bob Pauil, Doug Duncan, Sing, Ron, John, Bill Siska, Brian Yates, and many of the others were casting like seasoned veterans! Sean, your acquaintance was a pleasure, you have lots of ability, and I hope we have the opportunity to spend some time on the Cowlitz this spring! If I have forgotten anyone, I apologize! A good time was had by all! Thanks again to our most gracious hosts, Fred and Joan Evans, and all of the support of Rob Meiser and Nate Bailey!!

I look forward to No.#3 in 2004!

steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.