Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
that fly looks juicy! tightlines up at then Salmon. Looking forward to your reports. My buddy and I have passes for 2 of our 5 days at DSR first week of November.

·
Administrator
18,164 Posts
I like the pattern ... thanks for posting!!
Good swings and screaming reels on the SR my friend :)

Mike

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Your tying is excellent. I'm hoping the color I see is because the lighting. I have an original tied by Harry Darbee and the body is darkish milk chocolate brown as it the bucktail in the wing. The rest looks okay I suppose...again assuming the color saturation in the picture is incorrect.

·
flytie09
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your tying is excellent. I'm hoping the color I see is because the lighting. I have an original tied by Harry Darbee and the body is darkish milk chocolate brown as it the bucktail in the wing. The rest looks okay I suppose...again assuming the color saturation in the picture is incorrect.
Nothing gets by you George. I reposted the pic without filters. The pattern called for a body of brown and all I had was fiery brown, which I wasn’t crazy about.... I opted for ginger. I liked the looks of it. At least until I I wrapped it around a rock this week in the UFZ.

Glad to see there are guys keeping us all honest.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Color may not match the original...but I like it and believe the fish will too.

Reactions: flytie09
1 - 9 of 9 Posts