Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, guys, if you have a Palm OS5 PDA, you can get kinoma player and the publisher... I just finished converting and putting the videos on my SD card... Now I can watch them on my Palm!

Had to share, as my wife just doesn't get why I'd want to...

Fred & JD, I'll show you next Tuesday at lunch!

-G

·
Registered
294 Posts
Gobeldey gook

Fred et al ,
please explain this Hi tec stuff to a techno Know nothing ,sure sounds good !!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bottom line...

Basically I have converted the mpeg movie files from the Speypages to a format that can be played on my Palm Tungsten PDA using a product called Kinoma.

Bottom line? Virtually any moving picture file (Quicktime, mpeg 1 and 4, avi, etc.) can be converted to watch on a suitable palm device with this software. You just have to get used to the little tiny screen.

It is cool, though. I also have the wonderfully funny Salmon/bear commercial and the Return of the King Trailer on the thing currently...

-G

Almost as geeky and cool as this ;) :

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been reading my website, eh, sink? ;) I admit to being a geek, but it pays the bills and enables me to pursue this little vocation we mislabel as a hobby...

-G

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,392 Posts
G-
No offense meant. Have had my own geek days in my past. Sadly, the technology has passed me by.

'tip

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
None taken, Sir!

Technology moves too fast for me, too... I find that I can often buy the least expensive current CPU, fly rod, car, etc. and it still doubly outperforms something from a year or two ago. Good old Moore's Law in action.

-G

1 - 8 of 8 Posts