Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dana,

Is the Sage light spey rod - model 5120-4 , 5 weight, 12 footer on your list for a technical spey analysis in 2003 ?

As you know I am very interested in this rod.

Best

Hal

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Hal, it's time for you to go to bed and put that

bottle, or is that box?, of "dregs'' back in the frig. Maybe the "Lithuanian Princess" really has you wound around her little finger. Skip the "search" and cut a long straight branch off a tree, a couple of paper clips for guides and a 'tip-top' and you'll save your self hundreds of dollars.

Now go to bed and sleep it off. WORD OF WARNING TO YOU ALL: this is what drinking cheap booze will do to an otherwise "trained mind." Carrie Nation may have got it right vis a vis 'some folks.' (Ya, there's an assumption, or two, in that last statement.)

Sigh .... :smokin:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dana,

Thanks I would really appreciate your expert opinion on this spey rod since it appears I cannot have second physical encounter with it until perhaps the April Michigan Great Lakes Spey Clave.

Please be strong and ignore the naysayers on my pursuit of this emotional issue. All protaganosts of great dramas must fight through this dilemna onto the realization of their goals.

If needed I could quote: Wordsworth, Donne, Dostovesky, Joyce, Camus, Hesse, Machiavelli, Voltaire etc. to express why I am pursuing this to completion, but I will save those for future defenses of my pursuit . ;)

Best and my sincere thanks in advance.

Hal

PM Out

·
Registered
169 Posts
But it boils down to this.....

Despite flowery words, quotes from Wadsworth, Shelley, Keats, and Milton's "Paradise Lost" ....(incidentally, that's where the term "pandemonium" was coined! Not too far off the mark!),
let's face it - the real issue here is that he is too frugal and thrifty (read "cheap") to take a "leap of faith" to take a chance and buy the durn thing!

I think that is the true "cause" for this malady. Like the words of the old song should have been phrased, "A pretty girl is like a malady". Just substitute "spey rod" for "girl!

Hal, I thought said you were an attorney, not a "beancounter".

Enough! I gotta go tie some flies.

BobK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts