Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dana,

What hat are you wearing? It sort of looks like a Tilley. When my last Fighting Illini, University of Illinois, baseball style caps bit the dust I am going to switch to a wide brim hat.

David

P.S. - my wife with her naturally curally, blonde swedish hair looks great in her Tilley! Tilley would be a great future sponsor for this site.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I really like hats and have always wanted a Tilley. But I look like a complete twit in any hat other than a baseball cap so I'm not willing to order one without trying it on and can't find one locally. My wife has to be present since I am not capable of judging whether or not I look silly. (Yes, I've had to return various hats and other clothes because they were too silly. :D )

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Isn't it great

to have a social secretary that can keep you from looking too silly?!!!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
One kind of hat, year-around, just isn't enough. I'm under a baseball-style cap more often than not. But it's a pile-lined version with earflaps in the winter. And we're all getting more sun-protection aware, for which there's nothing like a 360-degree brim.

For you doubters: since it's midsummer, try this inexpensive test: get yourself a comfortable straw hat. They're wonderful for hot-weather use.

·
Banned
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hats

I have been using up my baseball style caps in the garden. I do have a couple of nice waxed cotton and wool caps which I wear as well. I have been wearing more long sleeves this summer as well. Surprisingly, I don't feel hotter when I am on the water. You are right, one hat isn't enough. My future hats will be wide brimmed.

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
Speaking of hats

Dana, what is the status on the Speypages logo shirts and hats?

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
We just got it finalized. I will put together a web form so folks can put thier orders in next week. Gonna do t-shirts first and then hats at some point.

-sean

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nooksack Mac said:
For you doubters: since it's midsummer, try this inexpensive test: get yourself a comfortable straw hat. They're wonderful for hot-weather use.
I agree. I got a Bailey straw cowboy hat to keep the sun off my ears and the back of my neck during the summer. (My wife says it looks silly on me, but is tolerable silly. :hihi: )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts