Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so,what is the fasination with daiwa spey rods?i know they are made by the brits but are they that much better than sage or scott???

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Who says they are better? They are very well made rods and most Brits will tell they are some of the best. I have fished a 16' and a 15' - both were great rods. Better than Sage or Scott? I don't know. This is always a contentious issue - no matter the Ford or GM. I think that many North American casters who cut their double-handed teeth on a Sage will be somewhat uncomfortable with the big British rods in general. Take for instance the Derek Brown Favourites, these are rods are designed like the Diawas, quite heavy and thick through the tip - very different from the typical Sage rod. Do these rods cast - you bet - like cannons! If you want to cast double tapers or long belly lines prodigious distances these rods will do it - in spades! That said, the raw weight of the 2 rods I fished didn't excite me too much and from what I can gather about the Derek Brown rods - that seems to be the big complaint.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts