Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have rambled on about these rods before. They are excellent casting rods, but very susceptible to snapping.
A friend contacted me today. He had a weekends fishing booked, Upper Redgorton on the River Tay and the Brae beat of the River Spey.
He snapped his Alltmor s 15'2" during a normal cast while fishing the Tay. That is 66% of fisherman I know to have purchased these rods that have snapped them in under 18 months use.
Surely, that points to a serious design flaw.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Tell him not to worry, the lower Spey is not fishing well.

The old poem sums it up........
Avoid the Brae in May
And Junes to soon.

I cannot remember the rest, anyone help?

Middle beats are doing well, i've had three so far this week so far, Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
hmmm

this is the exact model you have if i remember correctly?,are these rods all breaking in the same area of the blank? ,i've seen the price of these rods,,it's not like they are a cheap range,and with only a one year guarantee?i thought on there site;the Daiwa site ,not the `altmor' site,,,that they state;we will fix your rod for as long as you own it ?,,who is the contact/rep. you posted on the site here once before?i'd like to see if sections are availlable for my amorphous rods,,now that you've got me scared:eek:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Willie Gunn,

I know the poem but, having more than one spare rod(he is a tackle monster), he fished the Brae Beat on the Monday and landed a 9 lb springer.

Well done for your three, I've still to break my duck this year:(

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hammer,

I don't think you need to worry too much about your amorphous, I have yet to hear of one snapping under normal use. The Alltmor S 15'2" just seems to be a bad design.

There are contact details on Daiwa's UK site - http://www.daiwasports.co.uk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Daiwa now offers a lifetime guarantee; just too late for the owners of the Alltmor S. I'm just waiting for my rod to snap again and then take it to their factory, about 40 minutes from my home, and throw it at them!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts