Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Haven't posted flies in sometime: Been getting in on the striped bass fishing while its here and getting caught up with due-outs. My for the delays guys - you are not forgotten though. Meanwhile I received two packs of Bob Beverka Classic Salmon hooks. One for myself , the other is headed to a gentleman in Redding, CA. Here are what variations I managed to put together for NorCal/Siskiyou steelhead:
P5294464.jpg
Variants of; a Blue Charm, a Brown Fly, and something shrimpy.
P5294461.jpg
Killarney & Tay - fast becoming a favorite to tie.
P5294465.jpg
A couple Roganesque mixed wings.
P5294463.jpg
Earliest variation I know of B C's Mark Canfield's Low and Clear Spider.
P5294466.jpg
Finally Jimmy Hunnicutt's "Sweet Loretta" getting in on the action: No time for makeup. :hihi:
The heads could use another coat of lacquer - maybe for the recipient because Im no good for a neat finish.

Again to those of you who I owe : your "due-outs" are out.

Best regards,
Vic.

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,734 Posts
Very Very Nice

Well Done and uber fishy

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Great work, what's a due out? LOl

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
That Brown fly would ABSOLUTELY outfish spawn sackers in some water I fish...

·
Registered
446 Posts
MY favorite hook

I love the 2131! I even use it on a lead eye leach! It is sharp, hooks well. I have not lost many fish on this hook.

Mark

·
Administrator
19,127 Posts
WOW !!!
Some remarkable tying here Vic :smokin:
I couldn't pick a favorite out of the bunch if I tried, my head would hurt :chuckle:
I never tried the 2131 .... I've starred at it for years but never pulled the trigger to purchase. I may have to now :)

Mike

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks guys,
There is a series by Stu Farnham of Syd Glasso speys tied on a No. 2. It's very close to the low water hooks Glasso used in his flies. Garry Tanner's Celtic Beauty is tied on a Bob Beverka hook also. I've never hooked Steelhead on one of these but someone else knows what he is doing for sure.

Scott - there is a "Honey, do" list and then there are "Hey man- would you" that with joy referred to as due-outs...;)

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again.
Jin, I dyed the hackles, silk and seal dubbing from plain white. Except the black that is factory dye-job and the naturals of course.

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Nice flies on my favorite low-water hook. I just wish it was offered in #1/0 as well for the larger size of Glasso spey flies. As was mentioned, and I've posted in other posts before, this hook is very close to the style of hook Glasso tied his spey flies on.

Mike,

You really ought to do yourself a favor and get some of this hook for your own tying. I'm certain you will like it, especially on low-water flies.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ah beautiful flies, these would be money on the rivers here too! Oh also got something in the mail here!!! Thanks so much! :) going to be put to good use...
:grin2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts