Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Though I'd post this here. A special outfit :)

18-19 wt. Super Super custom built TUNA flyrod, Biscayne blank, custom components. as new
Asking $850

Tibor Pacific reel. NEW-never used, will throw in Rio lev. flyline, gelspun backing.
Asking $650

Will sell separately or as a combo.

·
A BIG fish is a GOOD fish
303 Posts
big stick

nice rod. wish the topwater tuna bite was what it was a few years back. last 8 trips ive made with experienced captains my rod only played with illeagal stripers, the tuna were caught mid range 60-80 ft on gear jigs or bait/troll.
reason i post is if that isnt a First Light Anglers stick already, i know they can try and sell it on consignment at their shop as that beauty should be fished!
good luck on finding the right guy with tuna on the brain.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tie Dye

I built this rod to catch a 200# tuna. That was/is my quest. Last year the weather was really against us. Fish showed early and the weather got crappy. I think the fish were still around...we just couldn't get to them and the bait kept getting scattered.

The first light guys are good at putting you on fish.

You might try Capt. Jeff Smith also. He has a Albin 24 CC and is probably the best guide on Cape Cod for finding tuna.

Terry Nugent is excellent also....but is geared more towards spinning.

Good luck fishing this year! I will keep trying for that magical day when it all comes together,:whoa::D

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts