Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dom
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Price drop! $275 shipped to US or Canada

Custom built on fast action Beulah Surf 11' 8/9 blank this baby will throw 400-500gr overhead (Rio outbounds, ect), 575gr skagit short and any fly or tip you'll put on it. Its just simply a "does it all", "throw anything you want" kind of a rod. Great for winter fishing, big steelhead, chinooks, and surf. Rod has been fished 3 times and is absolutely spotless, no scratches or nicks on it at all. Comes with a custom made sock pictured.

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
very very nice

your build?

·
Dom
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, yes, I build rods for myself.

·
Dom
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Handle is custom turned with rubber butt that Sage uses on their rods, reel seat is ALPS, oh and for the guides I have to dig in to figure out... I think they are all Pac Bay. Guides are all placed by Beulah recommendations and all are top of the notch pieces, I never spare any expense on my builds ;)

·
Jimfishon
269 Posts
Switch Rod

I could be interested, I do have a couple questions 1) how does a surf rod differ from a fresh water rod, 2) heaven for-bid, but if that rod gets broken what does one do. The rod looks really nice, I've been looking for a 8wt switch, and I prefer a fast action, your rod just might fit my needs.

Thank You

·
Dom
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To the question above: this rod has some serous power. And their fast action with springy but stiff butt when loaded with heavy short head shoots 120' easy if wind is right that is... Its a long distance rod.

Im the original owner of the blank, and if someone breaks it, Beulah would replace the broken piece only and that would have to be done through me I guess, because as with all rods today warranty is valid for original owners only. I will provide the threads that been used to wrap this rod, just in case...

Im also looking for single hander G Loomis GLX classic in 9-11wt range. A trout rod might get my interest too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
PM sent...............

·
Dom
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
still for sale, considering trades, but I might reject most of them... $ is best :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts