Spey Pages banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Dom
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Five fresh builds I did few months ago. All of these are built on MHX blanks. Prce reduced to $250 each!

First of are three 9' 10 weight single piece rods. Built with pike and musky in mind. They feel wicked in hand, only 4.2oz!!! That is comparable to some 4 piece 6 weights in terms of being so light weight. Used only the best possible components including FLOR grade cork, Snake Brand running and Fuji stripping guides. Plans changed a bit so I need to make some room. Dont miss a chance on these as I truly believe these are the ultimate musky and pike rods. I am located in Chicago, IL. Price is $250 or $650 for all three. Shipping is on me.

Next of are two micro spey/single rod hybrids. I called them SS. Call it small spey, single spey, skagit stickie, or something with LS2 under the hood, its SS.

9' 6wt and the other is 9' 7wt, both 4 piece rods.

Reduced to $250 shipped! Rod + line! I'll cut even a better deal if you buy both.

These are brand new 9' SH rods that were built with spey casting small heads in mind. Both rods are MHX 9', 4 piece, one is 6wt and the other is the 7.

I incorporated short bottom grips for those occasional spey casts and it also helps to counter balance with heavy skagit or sinking lines. Hardware is as good as one could put on a rod, Snake Brand and FUJI guides, FLOR grade cork, ect.

They both come with full integrated custom cut Guideline Bullet lines.

6wt is cut at 18' @ 190gr
7wt is also 18' @ 220gr

These lines are very nice compromise for overhead bombs and spey casting. I like them with trout Polyleaders. These two are one of a kind rods. Selling to finance some other builds.

Each rod with matching line $250 shipped.

·
Dom
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Realistic offers wont be ignored. I am willing to give a a really nice discount if you buy more than one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
rods

These look fantastic. I keep clicking on your post just to have a fresh look at them. Having built a few rods, your wraps and epoxy have me green with envy. Well done!

·
Dom
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice rods and builds. How do you like the MHX blanks in general?
Mike
If you ever handled Loomis GLX classic, thats what they feel like and look the same too. GLX's classics are my all time favorite fast action SH rods and pathetically they started it all and still are the best. MHX's feel indentical. I like their raw, natural finish and it really is noticable in weight savings.

·
Dom
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Considering trades. Will trade multiple rods for a nice spey reel (Hardy, Farlex, Saracione, and similar) or a large Lamson (Litespeed 4, Speedster 4, ect)

·
Dom
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Price reductions yet once more. $250 shipped each.

·
Dom
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
6, 7, and two 10wts 1pc are still available. $250 shipped each. Not to breg about my builds but one must see them in person to appreciate how wicked they are. Plans changed a bit and need to fund more gear.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts