Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where i might be able to locate a cree skin. I was given a small amount two years ago but have used it all up on some steelhead flies. I am having trouble locating one. I know they are very hard to find and expensive, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have bought a few nice Cree Skins from this fellow up in MT: Sometimes he has them, sometimes he doesn't.

Doc Knoll
Pray, Montana (406) 333-4848

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Jason,

Why not do what all of us did back before genetic hackle became available in the very late 1960's and simply tie in wrap grizzly and natural brown hackle together? This is why you see so many of the old fly tying books listing hacle as grizzle and natural brown wrapped together, such as on flies like the ADAMS.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Take a look at Cabela's website. They have saddles and necks under their own brand that come in a Ginger Variant. Might make a decent substitute.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Contact John Howard at Howard's Hackle in Canada. At the last show I seen him at he had some rather nice cree capes and saddles for decent prices. I was told by whiting I would have to wait at least a year on a waiting list if I wanted one of theirs.... :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts