Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is to let people know about the Craig Brook Salmon Museum. I was on my way to Bar Harbor, and I stopped in at the Craig Brook National Salmon Fish Hatchery in East Orland, ME and discovered that a small group of people were given an unused ice house building to start a salmon museum.
They are trying to build an addition, and have raised some $120,000.00. They need an additional $18,000.00 for a metal roof so it looks like the other buildings at the hatchery.
If anyone would like to help you can e-mail Mr. William Mulliken at [email protected] myfaripoint.net
I told one of the members that I would send them some flies to raffle.
Russ

·
ASF Sustaining Member
491 Posts
My wife and I visit the hatchery every year when we vacation in Maine; we're actually headed back in a couple of weeks. I have done some light consulting for them with water quality, having worked with their head education officer (Peter). It's an amazing facility, and the museum is small (being a one-room building) but jammed with awesome fly gear, clippings, art work, etc.; certainly worth visiting. As a hatchery, Craig Brook maintains distinct year classes of Atlantics from different rivers in Maine; some of the fish are truly massive, and all are truly beautiful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts