Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did these a little while back while playing with some coyote fur, went to a guide friend of mine, used some wing-n-flash spun under the spun coyote fur, love how it kept the wings high like the traditional speys. look up natures spirit fly tying...

Attachments

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice!...could be the new heron...
ive been thinking about that, it would have to be just the guard hairs though, well i guess a little of the actual fur isnt bad... i striped some of the underfur out on these but not all

·
Undertaker
1,357 Posts
terrific

I love your flies. The sure look like they'd draw a tug - and hold up really well. I enjoy learning new uses of materials. Did you put the fur into a dubbing loop to make that hackle?

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love your flies. The sure look like they'd draw a tug - and hold up really well. I enjoy learning new uses of materials. Did you put the fur into a dubbing loop to make that hackle?
Yup, I made a dub loop, kinda like a dub brush, you'll have to play with it till the desired result is achieved

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,734 Posts
Is there a way

To better define this technique or is a SBS possible??

Those are delicious ties

Yup, I made a dub loop, kinda like a dub brush, you'll have to play with it till the desired result is achieved

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To better define this technique or is a SBS possible??

Those are delicious ties
Yeah I could do that. In away from home and don't know if I have any fur on me now. I'll look when I get back to the hotel.

·
Registered
879 Posts
how?

How do you tie in the coyote fur to look like that? Is there a video I can see anywhere? Thanks! I like those!

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,734 Posts
Many Many Thanks

Waiting anxiously

Yeah I could do that. In away from home and don't know if I have any fur on me now. I'll look when I get back to the hotel.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
These are sweet Matt. I have some winter possum, I use the same way. It looks very similar and moves nice in the water. Bet those two will get a tug.

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
These are sweet Matt. I have some winter possum, I use the same way. It looks very similar and moves nice in the water. Bet those two will get a tug.
posted the SBS in the hooks feathers and floss section, take a look!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts