Spey Pages banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Cowlitz River Spey Clave!

This should be a good first time event. I am really looking forward to being up there...great attendies like Steve Choat, Mike Kinney, Gary Sandstrom and more! Hopefully the heat settles a bit by Saturday, I can't imagine wearing plastic pants in 102 degrees.

Bruce B~

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yep, I'll have all of the Switch, Original Spey and New Platinum Spey rods set up on Saturday. I will have Scandi's (Elixir) on all of the rods, but, I will also have four CND Gravity Point lines for the longer Originals and the Platinums for you long belly folk. I imagine as most serious fisherman, many will come with a bag of reels and lines as well.

Turn down broiler for this weekend! Somebody...Please!

BB~

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wanna go too

I'm a bit new to spey fishing, but have been single handed fly fishing the cowlitz for a decae or so.. Not sure where you guys are going to mee, but don't want to miss a thing.

Mike 360-219-8495

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
So what did everybody think?

I thought the event went really well for a first time event.

~Terrific gravel bar with tons of casting room
~Steve Choate was an excellent speaker ( I don't think those lasers he was tossing was by accident)
~Mike Kinney worked his ass off giving folks a hand who are new to the game and tuning folks up that have been doing it a while
~Good vendor presence

I hope this turns into an annual event with cloud cast that last all day instead of just until 10:00 a.m.

Bruce Berry~

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i had a good time and learned in my opinion a lot for a newbie to the switch/spey rod craze. thanks to bruce from beulah for all his help with my line questions and decisions and all the dudes who gave me some great casting advice. lots of great speakers who took one for the team in that brutal f-ing heat.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Dammit

I just got back from a horse pack-in and alpine lakes fly fishing trip in the Pasayten wilderness ... it was AWESOME ... came home on Friday in order to go to a wedding Saturday ... Would have loved to attend ... Hope it happens next year ... Had no idea that I missed a clave in my "back yard" so to speak.
Please let me know the date for next year.

Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
John Kendall who put on the spey clave plans on makeing it an annual event. Thanks a ton for the casting instruction Mike, now too put it to good use.

Eric

·
Spey junkie!
158 Posts
Thank you guys!

John Kendall who put on the spey clave plans on makeing it an annual event. Thanks a ton for the casting instruction Mike, now too put it to good use.

Eric
Great event! Awesome presenter's and great location! Stopped by John's shop in Longview and bought a few things! Now I need to sit down and tie some stuff up!

Hope to make it again next year, and get down there a few more time in the near future! :smokin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts