Spey Pages banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you gentlemen.

Bill - that is Lemire's Fall Caddis - more pale-orange than burnt, as I remember the October caddis through-out SW WA. The wing is natural partridge. Doing a couple more of those before they ship. The hackle wing on the Glasso spey is a natural furnace variant, natural coque-tail hackle.

·
Undertaker
1,414 Posts
nice prisms

I really love the sleek red, orange and bronze mallard fly on top - and its exquisite hook, but I like what you did with the prisms as well. That little collar of peacock at the head reminds me of the old picket pin fly. Wouldn't be at all surprised if those work best for you. Hope you find a place to avoid the crowds.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No - no... not me. Im not coming out west. I wish. The flies are. Sorry for all the confusion guys - :eek:.

Tie them in three different hook sizes and that's all you need. Just "add water" and you're Good To Go.

fae
Fred, your are right. Anywhere in the Siskyou/Klamath-Trinity Mounts - you bet.

I really love the sleek red, orange and bronze mallard fly on top - and its exquisite hook, but I like what you did with the prisms as well. That little collar of peacock at the head reminds me of the old picket pin fly. Wouldn't be at all surprised if those work best for you. Hope you find a place to avoid the crowds.
I didn't have any one particular pattern in mind when doing those four. They are very close to the Prism though and Spratleys also. The angler these are going to and guests are getting some real nice SRC's, pushing 18 inches! I wanted a buggy fly on a hook that would hold up to the occasional steelhead for him as well. I have some fox-squirrel tails that plays-off of the barred wood-duck and Gadwall flanks nicely. To that - he likes caddis patterns on-top also so he's likely to enjoy these.

I like the speys myself and hope he'll lash one on for me. A bribe of sorts - :hihi:

Thanks again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts