Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FKA Bhudda from 06’
#aflyanight
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading a little Bob Vererka tonight, I decided to do some vise tying and follow some guidelines…I think they turned out well. BH1’s and some recently dyed feathers…btw I’ve always wanted to use those JC feathers that extend past the neck I guess, finally got a cape that had a few. Gonna dye those capes tonight..cheers!
Hand Arthropod Insect Finger Organism
Automotive lighting Orange Recipe Automotive design Line
Vertebrate Window Fishing lure Fishing bait Eyelash
Eyewear Table Goggles Personal computer Office supplies

·
Administrator
19,615 Posts
Very cool composition on both.
The extended wing length is quite pleasing to my eyes.
I'm interested to hear how the top fly swings. The bulky JC is very interesting as "drooping eyes".
My concern is the bulk of the eyes are greater than the wing. Under hydro-dynamic tension, bulk/mass will always rise to the top ... which will flip the fly upside down, or ride sideways on the swing. Again, would be interesting to hear the results of your findings :)

Mike

·
FKA Bhudda from 06’
#aflyanight
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very cool composition on both.
The extended wing length is quite pleasing to my eyes.
I'm interested to hear how the top fly swings. The bulky JC is very interesting as "drooping eyes".
My concern is the bulk of the eyes are greater than the wing. Under hydro-dynamic tension, bulk/mass will always rise to the top ... which will flip the fly upside down, or ride sideways on the swing. Again, would be interesting to hear the results of your findings :)

Mike
After attending the Sunday casting group I have this to report back….
Fly swam well, never flipped, more so waddled in walking speed water then darting. The wings literally disappeared and the JC slimmed down to what was basically a nail, not much landscape to it. The tag end fell apart probably from a rock behind me :) , other then that, it was a success. I’m thinking of putting a thin coat of epoxy on the tag end maybe…no?

·
Administrator
19,615 Posts
I'm glad it swam well. Must have not been enough bulk to cause any skue.

Floss tags are my nemesis ... this is why I have migrated to counter wrapping with x-fine silver wire. Really keeps the floss together and never any fraying.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts