Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
usually tie in pairs or more these days. This is like based on a Green Highlander, could not resist the long hackle on it and one day i must find macaw to use for horns. Size 3 BH

These pink things proved popular.

Then just the usual size 5 Night Hawks

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Wow beautiful set of fly's, I like the long hackles on the GH very cool!!! But I really love those Night Hawks!!!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Damn. I promise I will get a package out asap! Spaced it... I don't have a lot of macaw so you may want to take kova up on his offer too... And again, thanks for showing me out to properly dress these damn hooks! Haha

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn. I promise I will get a package out asap! Spaced it... I don't have a lot of macaw so you may want to take kova up on his offer too... And again, thanks for showing me out to properly dress these damn hooks! Haha
Haha can't half tell i trust the BH after all my hook disasters!

And

Thanks all! I will take Kevin up on the macaw as he offered very generously first, just one of those materials i have yet to grab. Anyway thank you very much for the offers, great people here :)

Soon with horns!

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Super ties, each one; really taken with the GH, but the Night Hawk just pops!

Thanks for sharing

Mike

·
Registered
997 Posts
Jam...

Beautiful!

You tie those Nighthawks so well that I don't even want to attempt one!

Thanks for sharing these.

J.

·
Undertaker
1,357 Posts
exemplary, as usual

Those highlanders are gorgeous and the rest are beautiful as well. Your tying is amazing, as is your photography. I haven't a clue what a BH hook is. Please explain.

·
Registered
983 Posts
You tie with surgical precision...always clean and well proportioned. Wish I had the patience and eye to create flies like that.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those highlanders are gorgeous and the rest are beautiful as well. Your tying is amazing, as is your photography. I haven't a clue what a BH hook is. Please explain.
Ah yup just as Rifflehitch said, beautiful Dave McNeese hooks made from c80 steel, very strong and a bit heavy too which is nice, helps get down a bit. The top two flies are tied on them in a size 3 which is actually pretty big compared to other hook sizes (might be roughly an AJ 1.5).

Thanks all!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts