Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving in just a few days for the Olympic Peninsula and tied up a couple more patterns. The ranger might be an unconventional choice for the Hoh but I figure that it will fish well in low water conditions. This was my first time tying a ranger, there are several areas that need work but am happy overall.

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,161 Posts
Beautiful dressings! The Ranger is a stunner, and I wouldn't apologize to anyone for that!

Best of luck in the OP!

·
Administrator
19,093 Posts
Two very well tied flies :smokin:
I would have a hard time choosing which one to swing first .

Mike

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,496 Posts
I don't know about the Ranger but the other pattern will fish well on the Hoh.

Buddies report yesterday was 18" of vis and more brown than green. With this weather though, she should be falling into shape.

·
Registered
506 Posts
These ones i REALLY like!!!!! The ranger is awesome... Beautiful hackle taper, great proportions on a tough hook to tie on, i love it!

The other fly caught my eye too, great looking pattern, flows really well and i can picture it nicely in the water. Both look amazing !

·
Spey Hack
153 Posts
You killed it on both these flies. The tag is the only issue I can see on the ranger. The rest is killer. Im tying that other one the first change I get. Great stuff

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the comments everyone. The ranger was a lot of fun to tie and I was able to try out some techniques that were new to me. I suspect that it would like nicer on a different hook but all I have are AJs right now. Need to work on my floss work and rib spacing but was happy with the end result.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts