Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Speyladdie
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came across a Cortland Spey Rod, C L 13 feet 5 piece Line 8 to 9 weight.
It is described in the catalogue as for Spey and Overhead casting with a what they call a crisp action ?? It has a green blank with green wraps a nice winding check, hook keeper, down locking reel seat ferrules are tight, and comes with a nice compartmentalised hard case, all for only $ 199.00 US.
Any body have any info on this rod or has any one cast this rod yet.
I would appreciate your opinions.
Thanks,Speyladdie. :smokin:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I saw a write up for those rods in one of those free fly fishing books at my local shop but have not seen one as of yet. It could be a sweet deal but then again it could not.

Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just me again. Well I have now seen one of these rods and also got to cast it. River Run Anglers in Carnation has one for all to try out. Now if my casting was up to snuff I probably would like it. But lately I have developed several bad habits that I can't seem to break. One of them is that to think that I could really do this spey thing. Wrong.

Jim

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Blessed

Jim- you are blessed to be close to River Run Anglers. Do not give up. Give Aaron, Jack, and others a chance to help. The spey thing will come together, sp persevere.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I won't quit and I'm not going to let it beat me. It's just that I think that I'm still using a single hander and can't get my anchor right but I'm trying. I think what my problem is that I watch too many others cast and I shouldn't in these earily stages. But I will keep on plugging. I did it right when I first started but not now.

Jim

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Cortland 5-Piece Cl Spey Rod

The rod has a middle to tip progressive action that will
handle in 8/9 or 9/10 lines depending on casting styles.
The tip is extremely quick and large in diameter similar to the old Daiwa’s.
The rod comes nicely appoint and has a 5 section Tube
Having only had the rod for two days I have only worked with mid belly lines on both the water and Grass: must admit it ain’t bad.

We give you an up date as time allows.

:devil:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts