Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I have a 12'6" 7/8 wt coming and have an unused Lazer WF 8 that i picked up last winter for a single hand rod.
Have you guys used this line on any of your light line two handers and what results/conclusions did you come to? I do a lot of tight-quarter fishing and would the WF be a better line for short casts/small rivers or a DT?
I will be lining this rod with the lazer to see for myself when it does arrive but just wanted to hear some other opinions and know what i am in for.
Thanks lads.
SC
><)))*>

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Hey Salmon Chaser...

Not knowing what 12'6" rod you've got coming makes it a guess (at least for me) but I would think that 8wt single hand line will not be a heavy enough load.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Try it

you may like it. I have the Meiser 11' 7" 5/6 that does well with the RIO SAS for 8 weight. I have a Cortland 444 WF-8 that does fine overhead. It may be a tad light for spey casting, but I have not tried that yet.

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.
The rod in question is diamondbacks newest version of the Salmon/Steelhead series. no idea what to expect with this stick and like i said,, i will try it out with this line and see what happens.
As for the type of fishing conditions this rod will see there will be lots of tight short casts of 40'-50',,, single speys and square cuts to get to tree lined lies.
No booming casts expected with it so hopefully it will serve the purpose.
Thanks lads.
SC
><)))*>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts