Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Spey Is The Way
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know anything about these reels? Would they be decent starter or spare reel? I think the are definitely large enough. Thanks for any help.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Howdy Leo,

I have the Endurance #3 reels here. I haven't done the capacity test yet, maybe this afternoon. This reel looks like it will hold all but the long bellies.
Considering the price they look pretty good to me. Mariah is featuring this reel for her special this week.
http://www.redshedflyshop.com/WEEKLYSPECIAL.html

I will post the real, reel weight and capacity this afternoon. Try one with the 100% satisfaction or your money back guarantee.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Cortland Endurance 3 Reel Capacity and Weight...

Not having a Delta Long 10/11 anymore I used a 75' Carron 10/11 line and rolled on 150yds of SA 30# backing. The reel is full but not tight. With the line and backing the reel weighed 13.06oz.

It should be noted that the Endurance reels pictured on Cortlands website do not look exactly the same as the reels they are shipping. For an accurate pic look here:http://www.redshedflyshop.com/ENDURANCE.html

·
Spey Is The Way
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike if you download the Cortland catalogue it shows the # 3 as does your picture. They must have had to make the # 3 different to hold more backing, I would think. Aesthetically speaking how does the 3 look compared to the 1 and 2?

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
The #3 reel as pictured looks just fine to me. Only the spool is different. I actually think the #1 & #2 Endurance reels look like the Snowbee reels. I have talked with someone very close to Cortland and they couldn't give me a reason for the difference. As I only stock the #3 it really doesn't matter. I'll just have to resize my picture and get it on the right page.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Darned interesting the difference in the photos. The 'web' has Cortland's picture as does a photo put up on one of the UK fly boards. Darned interesting!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts