Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
It is a nice casting rod that is a bargain at its retail price of $200.00 US. Definitely a rod those wanting to get into spey for not a lot of dollars should consider for summer fish.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what got meinterested is the short packlength,been eyeing those cabela's boatbags,the one's that hang on the gunnels,with rod tubes on the bottom,,any comparo as to power,,like how do they compare to a st.croix for instance,,,?

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Like the St.Croix 13' 7/8, it is a light line 2-hander. It doesn't have the power to cast heavy tips, heavy flies, are really big flies; but then again, none of the light line 2-handers do. If you use it within the parameters it was designed for, it is an entirely adequate performing rod. Granted it is not a top end rod; but it is a fine entry level light line rod for summer steelhead or pink salmon.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Hey Hammer...

cortland 13 ft. 5 piece two hander

anyone used one?,,any reviews??

If your up for a little test drive, let me know.

"Wild $teelhead C&R gives me a thrill, why don't we all make it the drill"

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Good Rod for the Dallor

I have had this rod on the Try Rack since December.
Most of the Casters Agree that it is quite a nice rod.
Lends itself well to most Casting Styles and leans toward the 8/9 Mid-length lines.
Have used a 7/8 XLT on the rod with some success and same with the 8/9 Ariflo Traditional.
As for the short head work Hardy’s Mach one 9/10 and Loop Adapted line for the 9/10 fourteen foot model is quite nice.
Must say you can over head very nicely and get well over 100ft with no problems.

Will post more when we get some more Lines through the Guides.

Aaron

:smokin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts