Spey Pages banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all

Just wondering if anyone out there has been using one of the above for a while and if you have found say an 8 line to work better than a 9 on the above rod or is anyone even using a ten line (which would be great if i could as then i could use the 10 line could double up for my 15ft glx 10/11 which i have just boughtand don't really want to buy another four lines to suit this-who says fishing is less expensive than shooting!!!) I am trying to get kitted out properly for my salmon fishing but am hearing conflicting reports on what lines are best suited to the rod. I know that different make lines and even different type lines react differently but just if anyone has one of the above and does a bit of fishing for either salmon or indeed steelhead i would just be interested to know what lines people have found to work well on the rod. I would be doing most of my fishing on say rivers small to medium sized rivers in Ireland and would be using lines such as wet cell 2, intermediate, floater, sink tips so nothing unusual there. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated indeed....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts