Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a fish on a muddler. A cool little one salt wild summer steelhead. Every one has that one classic fly that they haven't gotten a fish on green butt skunk, silver Hilton, purple peril, etc. For me it was the Muddler but now I can check that off my list.

http://wp.me/p3gIpG-60

Hope everyone is finding a fish or two fall.

JJ

·
FISHIN' FREELANCER
1,425 Posts
Very nice :smokin: "He didn't know he was little".

Some fish, regardless of size, make a very lasting impression.

Well done.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I've only gotten one steelhead on a muddler so far, a low teens hatchery buck that took a #2 natural muddler, no hitch, in the film. I also need to fish muddlers more. I think I'm too preoccupied with my foam skaters so I have a hard time getting outside of the box.

Speaking of small steelhead, it seems I have gotten a disproportionate number of them this season. I have gotten two 20-21" steelhead here in Oregon and a couple more when I was in BC last week. I wonder if others are experiencing the same, as in getting more of these smaller steelhead this year??

Todd

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Brilliant! I hooked my first ever muddler fish last week, as well (kinda cheated though...I was fishing in a place where I just knew that the steelhead would eat that fly).

Rich, I cant believe I missed out on your thread about that fabled river! Superb.
BTW, I've got your SLSS sticker on my vehicle and I also saw it last week in Vancouver BC at a young man's bamboo rod making shop.

Sorry for the hijack.
Adrian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts