Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To only the SIXTH American ever to become FFF certified to instruct in the dark arts of spey casting.....

Congratulations, JURO MUKAI!:D :D

·
Speyladdie
429 Posts
Well done mate:D Congatulations all around.
Boy, you kept that one a secret!!
Speyladdie :smokin:

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Thanks guys,

I wanted to get on line earlier but was away from computers until around 1am and frankly I am pooped. But that does not diminish my excitement and more importantly desire to say thanks...

To be perfectly honest, I found the test on Sunday to be quite challenging to prepare for and even more challenging to take. But I stood on the foundation of insights shared freely by members of the spey community and just as I have been helped I hope I can help others in the days ahead.

As a credit to Simon Gawesworth even the test itself was an intensely educational process. I prepared like mad beforehand but ironically instead of relief I've come away from it inspired to put many, many more hours with hopes of casting, analyzing and teaching effortlessly like he does someday.

Thanks to all who helped me reach this goal,

Juro

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
YA BABY!!

TOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOL!

Hot dang, 'our leader' is a now a "leader." But what the he.l, we ALL ready knew that.

HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The left cost Gang.":D :D :D

·
1,771 Posts
Dana said:
congrats, dude!

i guess your casting doesn't suck, then?

and to think that you were out there being a speygod while we were all in here dealing with all the day's excitement...
Thanks Dana! Yeah, luckily for about 4.5 hours my casting held out. ;)

BTW the recent offline chats were an incredible help. Actually, thanks for the YEARS of assistance and advice, not to mention the best source of information, knowledge and feedback on the net for all things spey here on the 'clave'.

I was really impressed with our "defensive line" when the attack occurred, and now I suspect it's gotten even better. Not my choice of methods on getting there but the end result is positive I guess.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Good on you Bro :smokin:

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Leland,

if Juro is the sixth American, and he is your idol, does this make him the Sixth American Idol?

C'mon Juro, sing us a Spey tune:

"Spey flies, whizzin' past me....
Nothing but Spey flies, do I see..."

·
1,771 Posts
Oh man you just gave me a nightmarish thought... what if the "other" Simon from Idol showed up with a clipboard instead of the real Sultan of Spey, SimonG...

(grimacing)... to be perfectly honest, that cast SUCKED. The only way I see you advancing is with a SPINNING rod. My advice? GIVE IT UP NOW. You've heard of "you had me at hello?" well you lost me at ROLL CAST. ;)

Seriously, thanks for all the kind words and best of luck to all who are scheduled for the test in the near future.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If we've got a Simon . .

Then we've gotta have a speycasting William Hung!

:devil: :devil: :devil:

So how about it - who's up for their 15 minutes of Infamy?

She Bangs!

DS

PS Almost forgot - my congrats Juro! And extra points for getting your certification on the Other Coast! :devil:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts