·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
loop tube # 2
1st wing fox wrapped forward
2nd wing fox wrapped forward again, this one a little shorter
fold fox hair back and wrap in spey hackle
take another fox hair set, a little longer, wrap standard as two forward wraps are pulled back
jungle cock eyes

·
Registered
76 Posts
the fly looks awesome

only thing is what is the body made of i could not tell if there was or not a warped body on the tube like a carrie stevens body outher wise the fly is awesome oh buy the way asking people is free i get a lot of help at the fly tying show here in michigan they teach you every thing for free plus the local shop has free get to gathers called day care for dads every one shows up for these and you can get a lot of advise like i did oh buy the way i just post ed some flys under tackle under the title opinions on these flys needed

any ways looks awesome good luck and tight lines brownie1013 <'}}}}}>~~~~<

·
Registered
76 Posts
is it a fist tye or

have you been doin it for a wile. tell you one thing hair wing are a pain to get that hump in them were you tyed it on at.usaly i will use goose shoulders instead of hair also have you thought about putting a body on the tube like a carrie stevens. you know floss body? have you had any luck whith goose shoulder wings.they are real easy to do. only problem i have is finding the right colors for the fly!! takes for ever. if you would like to do some goose sholder wings just ask.any ways good luck and tight lines brownie1013 <'}}}}}>~~~~<

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
peter...

no plastic, it is a Loop #2 silver bottle tube.

browntrout...

i just started tying them a few weeks back and had a horrible time tying the templedog style. i finally got the hang of it, however, i still need some more practice. i have tied several others that i fished this weekend with 1" copper and put oval tinsel, green floss back 1/2 adn black floss front 1/2. very nice movement in the water!

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have had no problems with them rubbing as they are quite smooth. also, i use shock gum about 1/2 inch above the hook and it can be asjusted to shorten or lengthen the distance of hte hook fomr the tube. i believe aaron also has this one his site. if not, it is made by RIO i believe.

vinnie

·
Registered
260 Posts
Really nice! :) True Temple dog style! Wouldn´t mind using this at dusk in summer, since blueish and purple shades pick up the last light really well.

if you´re tying longer-bodied flies with a palmered body hackle you don´t need to tie in the hair reversed, since the body hackle will give the wing an angle. For flies to be used in really slack water I don´t tie reversed/forwardly wrapped hair wings since there is a risk that the hook will sort of "hang" downwards from the wing, leading to poorer action and not so good hooking.

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FT,

thanks for your input. i will try that technique on the longer tubes and hopefully will get the action the same or near to it as possible.

vinnie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts