Spey Pages banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
2,390 Posts
Is it just the water and light or do these fish really have that much green on them?

Dan

·
BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it just the water and light or do these fish really have that much green on them?

Dan
Some are pure silver others are colored lol

Attachments

·
BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude, that bottom fish. I need to get up there! #doyouknowbrucekruk
Hahaha >:)
That was a good one
Check this one out :nerd:
Much bigger :surprise:

Attachments

·
BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:surprise: I would assume they migrate to get that big? If not, the river got some serious food up there!
They are landlocked have been since 1934 I think. It just big water and the fish get big. They may go down into the reservoir that is the Columbia down below Northport wa which would be like their ocean and then come back up here to flowing water to see me ;)

·
It's gonna happen.
391 Posts
They are landlocked have been since 1934 I think. It just big water and the fish get big. They may go down into the reservoir that is the Columbia down below Northport wa which would be like their ocean and then come back up here to flowing water to see me ;)
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Gotta be somewhere with big schools of fish because it's tough getting that big sipping midges all day no matter what water you're on! Even the Mo fish top out around 24" with unlimited bug food basically. I have a fisheries degree so I nerd out on that stuff. Awesome looking fish though.

Clark Fork's are similar in color variation, with some chrome fish and some more like redband steelhead. Occasionally you see a McCloud type coloration, but mostly only in upper tributaries.

Attachments

·
BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Gotta be somewhere with big schools of fish because it's tough getting that big sipping midges all day no matter what water you're on! Even the Mo fish top out around 24" with unlimited bug food basically. I have a fisheries degree so I nerd out on that stuff. Awesome looking fish though.

Clark Fork's are similar in color variation, with some chrome fish and some more like redband steelhead. Occasionally you see a McCloud type coloration, but mostly only in upper tributaries.
Those are some beautiful trouts my friend :nerd:

We have lots of baitfish, sculpins in particular and crayfish. The fish because of water temps and conditions can have up to three growth rings in a single year here which all combined makes for a few large fish swimming around.

Reactions: KilgoreT

·
It's gonna happen.
391 Posts
Those are some beautiful trouts my friend :nerd:

We have lots of baitfish, sculpins in particular and crayfish. The fish because of water temps and conditions can have up to three growth rings in a single year here which all combined makes for a few large fish swimming around.
Water temp is probably the main thing and maybe some migration, I would guess. Probably a few fish that still move, but some that don't, too. Gotta think these are fish that were steelhead, so they hunt.

Also explains the success of the long line. Like you said, cover water and look for those bigger fish. Trigger a response. The Dee fly is great for that!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts