Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
This is awesome! She was so excited and rightfully so!!

Congrats

Reactions: Cody Booth

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,165 Posts
Wicked Cool!

Looks like she got a little emotional after the release! It happens.

What a great moment, and how lucky for you to have captured that for her!

The grab is the best part, isn't it? :grin2:

Reactions: Cody Booth

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have a strong sense and betting that "you" are to be congratulated, too. You set her up, got a good camera angle. Waited for it. You knew there was a fish there !!!! Love it ---Great day, great pal, great fish.

·
@_ctbooth
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all! I don't always share these little short stories, so it's a welcomed outlet here to spread some stoke!

Looks like she got a little emotional after the release! It happens.

What a great moment, and how lucky for you to have captured that for her!

The grab is the best part, isn't it? :grin2:
I'd be lying if I said I never have afterwards! But man, the grab reigns true!

Sweet dreams are made of these. Love your videos!
Thanks Colby! We should get out and fish one of these days!

I have a strong sense and betting that "you" are to be congratulated, too. You set her up, got a good camera angle. Waited for it. You knew there was a fish there !!!! Love it ---Great day, great pal, great fish.
I might have pulled her arm a tad here and there, but she's been cutting her teeth on this thing we're all so attached to out on the water- and sometimes we just get a little lucky too! Besides, I picked her pocket the day before so I happily took the sidelines on this one :grin2:

·
Administrator
19,149 Posts
She did a great job. Fought the fish hard and fast, side pressure and all, kept the fish wet - textbook. She’s clearly got a good teacher. Great video
My sentiments exactly, well done :)
I know my 14 year old daughter Celeste got very emotional after hooking, playing and releasing an 18 inch brook trout last year. I would be lying if I told you that I wasn't shedding a few tears during the moment as we hugged in the river after the release ...
The emotion is driven by passion ... all good things my friend :)

Great video !!

Mike

·
@_ctbooth
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
She did a great job. Fought the fish hard and fast, side pressure and all, kept the fish wet - textbook. She’s clearly got a good teacher. Great video
My sentiments exactly, well done :)
I know my 14 year old daughter Celeste got very emotional after hooking, playing and releasing an 18 inch brook trout last year. I would be lying if I told you that I wasn't shedding a few tears during the moment as we hugged in the river after the release ...
The emotion is driven by passion ... all good things my friend :)

Great video !!

Mike
Thank you kind sirs! I'm pretty particular about my methods of approach, and I guess some of that has rubbed off onto Chelsey. We've also been influenced by some good mentors here in the PNW and are very fortunate to spend the amount of time on the water that we do!

Cheers!

CB

1 - 20 of 21 Posts