Spey Pages banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the reason i am posting this is i am looking at two rods the cnd coustom cnf1038sp and the meiser s2h1389 i was wondering if there is a better rod to use for throwing tip for great lakes steel or should i just pick one any thanks and tight lines to you brownie1013 <'}}}}>~~~<

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
one more question ???

is either rod faster than they other and i should cast one first to see if i lke it thanks again and tight lines brownie1013 <'}}}}}>~~~~<

·
Registered
59 Posts
I LOVE my Meiser

I'm not too farmiliar with the CND but I recently got a 1378 meiser and even though I'm a novice spey caster, it ROCKS. It comes with two tips and I asked Bob fo one that is Very fast for tips anf one that is the regular one for floating line. With the fast tip, even as inexperienced as I am, I can throw a type 6 tip as well as I can a floating line. Not only that, but Bob is a great guy who will stear you to the perfect rod for your given circumstance. He certainly has enough models to choose from. I'm a Huge fan! Just my opinion, but the personal touch of a custom rod designer/maker is worth it's weight in Steelies. :rolleyes: Good luck with you decision.
Kim

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Talk with Bob Meiser and Juro

I owned the 1308 Custom and upgraded to the Skagit. I also own the Meiser S2H 1367/8 (FES) and love it. Bob can certainly work to provide products for niche markets. He also builds a great product. The 13678 would work great for tips with a skagit system.

The ideal would be to try both rods to see what works for you. If you can't do that, the fit, finish, and function of Meiser rods can't be beat.

·
Registered
236 Posts
CND vs. R.B. Meiser

Not really a fair contest...I think Meiz has a significant weight advantage over Juro. Unless Juro can sneak in a surprise Perry Poke/Snake Roll combo, my money's on Meiz in the third round.

All bets are off if Kush shows up instead of Juro. I hear he's a pretty sizeable bloke with a mean reverse Snake Roll.

·
loco alto!
3,109 Posts
In a different post you mentioned something about building on a blank, which Meiser provides.

·
Registered
638 Posts
But what if Nuburo shows up and pulls off a few Bruce Lee moves!!! :hihi: I still think my money's on Meiz in the fifth round. Now if Kush shows up Miez could still bring him down but he will have to go for the wrist.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
No fishing?

the last couple of posts indicate there must not be any fishing available - it is almost at the "cabin fever" stage - go fishing guys.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SSPey said:
In a different post you mentioned something about building on a blank, which Meiser provides.
i thought about that but just at how the cnd looks and the meiser looks make me want to buy them not built one. because to get custom componets like on the cnd and meiser rods is hard i would have to talk to my dad who is a machinist. to make some coustom componets usaly i just make wood rod grips for my singler handers. different world for the two handers because the fore grip is so long you would lose the feeling of the rod. in the flex and load part and when you fight a fish it may cause the rod to break. unless i make the rear grip out of solid wood and and split a pc of wood in to 15 huge beads. and put cork in between the beads. plus finding the exiotc woods to do this is a pain. any ways good luck and tight lines brownie1013
<'}}}}}>~~~~<

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I don't know Topher....

It's true, I may have a bit of a weight advantage over Juro.

But Juro's got a lean flat taper, and razor crisp recovery.

I'd enter the pool with an advanced progressive mid-section <> A butt in need of regression; perhaps just a tad slow on the recovery, with a little tip bounce.

....Plus when under the full load of a big belly, tend to want to dump.

Actually I do hope Kush does come, as I understand he has a fondness for good Scotch, and by the third round may need a snort or two !!!

Meiz

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey Bob, thanks!

I'm not fat, I just have an, " Advanced progressive mid-section."

I am also a, " Tad slow on the recovery," but my, " Tip bounce," is just fine.

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
I think I'd show up in a striped shirt with a whistle and pretend I'm just the referee in this clash of titans! :hihi:

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Both are great rods

I am one of the few lucky individuals who acutely carry both of the Manufactures rods in my shop and more importantly on the Tryrack for the General public to try.

First and foremost they are both great rods.

My shop had the privilege of working with Bob on five new ( shortly we will be starting on another series) Speyrods this summer and though over 150 hours of testing brought them to the market with a good success. (Note Bob used many sources for the testing of these rods not just my shop)The testing was done in conjunction with my Saturday on the River Program and many of the new caster go first had the first hand experience of casting rod while in translation.
In other words a caster new to game go to give his impute to the rod design. This what the Meis Man is all about; rods for the public designed by the public.

I am great fan of high Modulus elasticity for rate of rod recovery.
I prefer a rod that has a tip bending progressively into the midsection plus reserve of powerful butt..
This will give enough line speed to cleanly lift a extreme belly line off the water with very little effort.
This is High Modulus elasticity allows a diverse range of line weights and length to be used
To this Nobue is the Master (founder of CND)

Bob
If your tip is bouncing you are hitting it to hard.

It's all in what you want.

:smokin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts