Spey Pages banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out which of the CND lines would work best on Scott ARC 1509-4 9/10 or 10/11.

1509-4 works very well with Airflo Delta Long 9/10 ( 65’, 690 gr)

Both CND lines 9/10 and 10/11 are longer so more grain will be required to load the rod.
I guess 9/10. (?)

Martin

CND:
9/10.....741 gr..........75'
10/11....849 gr......... 80'

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
I've only cast the CND lines once, but they seem to be well labeled. In other words a 7/8 is a true seven/eight. So the question becomes, is your rod a true 9 weight. My ARC 151011-4 is not a true 10/11. It'll cast 1000 grains, but it's much happier down in the 9 wt zone unless you like slow rods that bend down into the bottom hand.

So once again, you'll have to test it with the lines, but I would guess you'll be choosing between the 8/9 and the 9/10, not the 9/10 and 10/11. Just my guess though...

Oh yes, and the lines are fun to cast.

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,057 Posts
Will say I fished this line pretty hard last week and it is an absolute killer line. It turned over tips and heavy flies like nothing I have ever cast. It has the turnover of a grandspey with the feel of a carron. I was quite impressed and might be hanging up my shorter lines for good. Nobuo did a heck of a job with these lines.

-sean

·
Registered
947 Posts
Splake said:
Hi - Just wanted to let folks know the CND lines are currently scheduled to be available to dealers the last week of November. We are waiting on packaging but we've received so many requests I may put them in baggies! :) Thanks, Nancy

Nancy,

Would you tell me which line CND is recommending for the Custom 8/9, I think its number is 1309SP? What does it cost? Since the CND website is not functioning, I have no way to get the information. Thanks.

·
Ichthys
101 Posts
Smolt, as you know picking the the right line is a little subjective depending on many variables such as type of tips, type of flys in some cases and your own casting dynamics. In light of that, I suggest the our 7/8 wt line, given the full flex action of the Custom you're using. We are creating a chart of suggested rod/line combinations that provide the "sweet spot" rod to line match up for most casters. Look for it on our web page in the future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.