Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i casted this rod today. i must say this one the sweetest rods i have ever casted. even though i have been speycastin for about a year. with the lesson i took with way yin it seemed to take my casting to another level. once i casted this rod i had to buy one so i begged my wife to buy one and she gave in. i set this rod up with a sa short head 7/8 i casted this rod 80 ft or 90 ft easy and im only a novice! i can only imagine what a expert caster could do with this gun. im sure i will be able to cast this line to the backing very soon. i know distance may not have alot to do with fishing. but ill tell you its sure a hell of lot of fun. :biggrin:

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Hey Scott...

Very cool that you found a rod you really like. The Solstice 14'3" is indeed a great rod.
You should give that girl a big kiss, a trip to the salon, some roses, and a night on the town.

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
I also cast this rod last weekend at Aarons shop. I am not a big CND fan, however, I was impressed with the ease of casting the midspey with this stick. The rod was nice and weighted just right and very easy to pick up and "figure" it out.

Congrats on picking a nice rod!

Vinnie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts