1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts or opinions on this rod?

Surf use, overhead.

Anyone ever try this for spey?

What line would be good for it? (the lighter one, I think it's an 8/9/10)

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Welcome to the board.

Use the search function and you will find a lot of information on this rod. You could also PM Juro who was a CND rep and used this rod for Stripers. he should have some good suggestions.

·
loco alto!
3,109 Posts
overhead I prefer 10 wt lines, RIO Outbound, or Airflo Clear Intermediate (38' head). WF9 and WF11 also work, but aren't optimal for me.

To effectively search the archives here and on flyfishingforum.com, you need to also know that they changed the series name from "Atlantis" to "Oceana" but it is the same rod, and the lighter model was also called the "All-Rounder."

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Also search for 'atlantis' as this was the previous name of this rod. Same rod , different name.

I use the rods out here for stripers and I have come to really like the 9/10 version you are talking about. It is a little softer but that also makes it a much better spey caster than the big oceana rod.

For lines you really cannot beat the 10wt outbound lines for overhead work. For spey I really like the 350 grain skagit line with floating tip for a combo overhead/spey line or teh 450 is I am doing mainly spey casts with the rod.

-sean

·
Registered
25 Posts
atlantis 11x11

I have the atlantis 11 wt which as already stated in the previous posts was the original name for this CND rod,I've been throwing the rio 14wt outbound which if I'm not mistaken is no longer available,I also cast the airflo 40 plus 2hand beach line ,both lines cast like rockets.This rod got me interested in spey casting as I used to fool around with various spey type casts with it,which led me to buying a true spey rod.I basicly only use the overhead rod when I fish the big surf national seashore beaches of cape cod,when you want to reach out and fish the 2nd or 3rd sand bar further out.:chuckle:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts