Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All prices include shipping to the US, extra elsewhere. Photos will be taken upon request.

CND GPS 6/7 in great condition: floats high, all four factory loops look great, no signs of wear, could easily be mistaken for a new line, no box or spool. $125 obo Sold to Rifflehitch

Airflo Ridge Super-Dri 30# floating running line (test casted) $NFS

Cortland 444SL Long Belly Spey 8/9 (test casted). More of a mid belly at ~60', and more of 7 wt Spey than an 8/9. $30

Echo Glass 8130, used but in good condition. I've decided to keep my new 8130 (#1) and sell my used one instead. Some of the filler has worn off the grip – in the well topside, where my thumb was placed. Never fished, used only for line testing – with yarn. Ferrules always taped. This rod has the downlocking reel seat. $160

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
On all Airflow lines the dark loop goes to the running line not the leader. This is a surprise to me
Jack, that's the case for their heads, this is the updated Ridge running line. The small loop in the back is meant for the backing connection. The product photo shows the small loop.

Reply from Rajeff Sports:

The photo on our website is wrong, we are working on fixing it. The 30# running lines only have a loop at the front.

We found most Spey guys preferred a nail knot at the backing instead of a loop to decrease the chances of anything happening when large steelhead and salmon run into the backing. Loops can sometimes get caught in a smaller sized guide.

Thanks,

Jamie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts