Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellas,

Has anyone had any experience with CND customer service?

I had my local fly shop, Trout Bum 2, inquire about becoming a dealer so that I could buy a new CND rod.

Two weeks later we have heard nothing from CND. I'm a little concerned and was wonderng if any of you had any experiences with CND....... Especially when it comes to having a rod repaired etc.

Thanks for your input.

·
SRO Direct Dealer
578 Posts
CND Customer Service

My experience with CND through River Run Anglers (one of the sponsors) has been outstanding. Broke a tip on one of the first Custom series rods and it was replaced immediately.

Rich

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
All though I don't have a CND ... yet ..

does Joan watch my posts??? Several folks I've talked to that have the rods/dealers have all said the 'back up' if you have a 'problem' has been top end.

These folks are all top end/no BS'ers. Tells me what I want to know.

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Dsmith -

Welcome to the forum / speypages and I apologize that your first post had to be as it was. From a CND perspective, thanks for your interest and I hope to hook up with your favorite fly shop soon.

Please allow me to clarify a few details in the mean time:

Customer Service and Dealer Applications are two distinct and separate functions of CND North America. Processing and approving dealer applications has nothing to do with customer service, which we consider to be service to the end user - the angler.

As Dana said I am not back in the states until mid-week so I would suggest that your dealer contact me by email or better yet by phone mid-week and I will promptly process the request.

978 449-0077 fax or voice

I have looked at the member list to see who Trout Bum 2 might be but did not find that login in the database.

I wonder if you could PM me the contact info and I will call him when I return?

thanks!

Juro

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
CND purchase

You do not have to wait for a CND rod. Yes, get your local fly shop to try and become a dealer, good thing of course. But you want a rod now? I was in the same situation, no local dealers. Acting upon recommendations from this forum I contacted Mike at Red Shed fly shop (he is a forum sponsor, you will find his link on the sponsors page) on a Wednesday and had my rod on Saturday. 3 days, great rod, free shipping and tube, threw in ferrule tape and was immediately available and very friendly and easy to talk to when i called him, even on Sunday. Cudos to Red shed and I highly recommend you call him (208-486-6098) and order your rod. As for the warranty, just mail in the enclosed warranty card and don't worry, just go fishing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cnd Customer Service

Just a short note of assurance. CND Customer service has been outstanding. Given the back and forth competition among manufacturers about "lifetime" warranties with fine print "exceptions" and hidden costs, it is refreshing to have a new manufacturer be so responsive to the most trivial of issues. For instance, the fit of the small reel seat and a Loop reel didn't seem right. The US Rep contacted me personally and tested all the reel seats for fit. Two week turnaround during the busy season for a repair is unheard of these days and that is what I got. Go to the trouble of finding a dealer to ship you one as there will be more dealers eventually due to growing reputation of the rods. In sum, I would expect to pay more for the level of service I've received to date--and by the way, they are an incredible value for their quality and performance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts