Spey Pages banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did CND quit making the "custom" series rod? and if so anyone know why? I bought one about 2 years ago, started to learn the basics of spey casting then ended up have back surgery and was out of the game until recently.
I was hoping there wasnt anything wrong with the rod. I really cant afford to go out and buy another just yet. Anyway just a queston, any info would help
Thanks.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes they stopped making the custom series in favor of a new rod called the black spey. I just spent the last 3 days fishing my Custom 1308 hard and there is nothing wrong with that rod. I did break a 1307 but they CND people were great about getting an upgrade for me since they stopped making the rod. I love the CND's and they make a good product and don't think there is anything wrong with the custom series just decided to go a different direction. But someone who knows more may be able to answer your question better.

JJ

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
I was hoping there wasnt anything wrong with the rod. I really cant afford to go out and buy another just yet. Anyway just a queston, any info would help

Hey LS,
I would not spend any time worrying about something happening to your rod and having to buy another. CND rods have a solid warranty and the US distributor, CND SpeyUSA is very good about customer service should you have some unforseen problem. Their contact info can be found in the Spey Pages sponsors list.

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
I just finally got around to putting my 1409 through the ropes for a full day. I have to say, there is NOTHING wrong with mine at all, very nice, long lines and short.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi new to the board here...

I'm also new to the sport and don't have much to compare to, but casting my 13' 8/9 Custom sure feels nice compared to a couple of the other lower-end rods I've tried which felt sloppy by comparison. I liked it with a windcutter 8/9/10 but with a windcutter 7/8/9 it is effortless. I liked it so much that when I saw a used CND 12'2" Spey tracker 5/6/7 for sale I snapped it up too and I couldn't be happier!

ChrisW

·
Registered
320 Posts
ChrisW said:
I liked it so much that when I saw a used CND 12'2" Spey tracker 5/6/7 for sale I snapped it up too and I couldn't be happier!

ChrisW
I don`t know anything about the Custom 13' 8/9 , but the Speytracker ROCKS !!;) :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Will any of the CND balance a Daniellson 8-12 reel. From the ones I've seen, they are a tad heavy maybe the new ones are different. I'm looking for something light, and yes these rods do cast nice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts