Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Dana:

I saw you mentioning the CND 14ft Custom in two earlier posts. What rod is that (brand, self made) ? How long have you had it? I looked at the Spey Pages but couldn't find a reference there. Just curious.
Tom.

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,393 Posts
Huckleberry,

I am sure Dana is spending the weekend ont eh Thompson so it might be a day or so before he answers. If you go to the speypages and follow the Japanese spey link, you will find a bit about the CND rods that he and others are talking in glowing terms about.

st

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
CND Speys

Tom,

CND Spey rods are the creation of expert caster and master rod designer Nobuo Nodura of Japan. Nobuo once worked as a rod designer for Daiwa-UK and he now works under his own label, CND. His Speys (in line weights 6/7 through 10/11) have a traditional feel but with the power and responsiveness that you'd expect from faster action rods. I just spent a few days fishing with Nobuo and casting his creations and am working on a review/profile for the Spey Pages that should be ready as we approach the holiday season.

I'm very excited about these rods!

More to come! :)

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Thanks Dana

I have been wondering about the CND rods ever since you mentioned them
Speybum:)

·
Registered
200 Posts
As the owner of a Nobuo designed Daiwa, I can hardly wait to try the CND's. Any word on who will be carrying them in the Lower Mainland Dana.
How was the Thompson on the weekend? I'm heading back up tomorrow.

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Bebop,

Nobuo's rods are not currently available on this side of the water but I understand that something might be in the works for the near future. If anything is finalized by the time my review is done I will include contact info.

As for the river, I would characterize it as slow for this time of the year. Although I really didn't fish this weekend (we kinda parked ourselves in a few out-of-the way spots and had a micro clave casting a bunch of production and prototype rods with factory and custom tapered Spey lines--great fun, but standing in one spot for a day or two doesn't really cover much water), the reports coming out of the Kingfisher Banquet and the pub in the evening certainly weren't very inspiring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts