Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sports Fans,

I was looking for a light rod that would handle sink tips and had seen threads on this one before. So I know at least one of you has this rod and I would imagine some of you have used it before. What’s the opinion on this guy? All replies greatly appreciated.

Thanks Charlie.

·
Registered
267 Posts
CND CUSTOM 1307 SP

I do own this rod and I do like it. I had the chance to cast it this past summer and fell in love with this rod. I had the opportunity to try it with a couple different lines, RIO WC and mid spey. The WC worked extremely well but the mid spey was too heavy for this rod. I think the 6/7 MS would be wonderful on this rod and I plan on picking one up soon. I had no problems throwing sink tips with this rod and flies tied on ALec Jackson #3's to 3" aluminum tubes. I had no problems making casts to 80'. I would not try this however on a windy day as I dont believe that rod was designed for this application. I think it is a perfect rod both length and WT for fishing most of the rivers here in the GL region. If you want a real cannon that can handle the wind and still throw tips but feel light as a feather then I would look at the Custom 8/9. Good Luck and Tight Lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts